Hi RIP readers,
this is a quick follow-up to my Friday’s post about a coaching experiment I’m going to run in January-March 2020.
I received 30+ applications in 2 days (so far).
I wasn’t expecting this!
I’ve read all of them. I started replying (just acking for now) more or less in chronological order. First come, first served.
But I have a problem: I can’t see myself saying “no, I won’t help you” to anyone who took time to write a heartfelt mail to me. Seriously, I’m way too emphatic. I didn’t account for that! I want to help you all 😀
Talking about help: it’s not only about you, it’s also about me! Your lives and challenges are so close mine: many midlife crises, burnout things, tough career decisions, investing dilemmas, planning for retirement, passions that can’t be postponed until 70… We’re all so similar! I’m sure I’m going to learn so much about me, and getting answers to my own questions, while trying to help you out.
So I have this problem now.
Here’s how I’m going to fix it:
First, let’s stop applications right now. Please, don’t keep applying.
I’m sorry if you missed it, if you intended to apply later (why rush, RIP said “until end of November”…) but I can’t handle more applications.
Ok, ok, if you REALLY were so close to hit the send button, and you’re going to cry if I won’t help you, send it anyway… Let’s officially set the deadline Tomorrow (Monday November 11th) at noon, 12pm, Central European Time, so that those wise guys who don’t use internet on weekends can have a chance (but if you’re really like that, you don’t need any help. You’re doing great!)
By the end of November / mid December I will pick 5-6 of you to provide the announced coaching support that will start in January, but I want to have at least a conversation, and offer my point of view / some advices, with each one of you who took time to write me an amazing email. I’ll reach you out individually after my first pass, please be patient 🙂
Just a mini spoiler on our today’s life:
- On Friday evening (2 days ago) we signed a lease for a new apartment. Yes, we’re leaving our cozy 50sqm ultra cheap flat and moving in a 100sqm flat, still pretty cheap for the neighborhood. And it has a dishwasher, life won’t be the same anymore. The move is happening soon. November and December will be holyshitty with packing boxes, getting quotes for cleaning, painting, moving, etc… btw, if you want to give us some hints / offer help you’re more than welcome! This is my first move in Switzerland. Yep, 7 years in the same place, never moved! We’re moving 500 meters away though 🙂
- Baby RIP started child care few days ago, and as a consequence of that she’s not sleeping at night as she always used to. Mrs RIP is wondering whether we should have sent her to child care at all (she always thought that it was a necessity for Baby’s development, now she’s second thinking herself), which makes me ask myself “wait: we’re paying 900+ per month (2 full days per week) and we don’t know if it’s good for her and for us?”
- New job, new stuff, new responsibilities, an Alexandria Library amount of new things to learn as quickly as possible. Plus on-call rotations.
- Blog: I have reached the third digit in the category “draft posts & ideas that I want to publish on my blog”. And stealing sleep time to blog is not very healthy.
- Health: I have reached the third digit on the weight scale… which means I need to make time for more structured physical activity. What? “A diet”? What’s the meaning of that word? I never heard about…
- Social: Christmas is coming, relatives are coming. “Really? You change flat? We’re coming for a visit next week!”. My parents are coming next weekend, in-laws are coming the weekend after (and staying longer to help), The DIPs are coming the one after that…
My time management skills are being challenged by a horde of duties and (voluntary or not) commitments.
Hopefully this is a peak, and things will settle down somewhere in early 2020.
Everything is going to be ok 😉
Enjoy your Sunday!